Saturday, October 12, 2013

Butterflies - The Eastern Tiger Swallowtail


This beautiful butterfly graced my garden from July through August.


He is the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail


He didn't seem to mind my following him from flower to flower.


Nor did he mind me leaning in for real close shots of him.


At times he acted like a model; knowing just how to pose for the camera.
 



It's scientific name is Papilio glaucus Linnaeus 1758


gorgeous


 
   Look at the beautiful markings; the blue, the yellow crescents at the edge of the blue;
 

the little touches of orange




 I love this one.  He is so busy at work getting that little proboscis into the tiny pollen filled clusters.







Only thing left to say is "Simply beautiful" and I hope I see them next year.







No comments:

Post a Comment