Thursday, November 16, 2017

Pansies for Papa


 
One year ago today Papa said “Good-bye family and hello Jesus”. It is hard to believe that it has been a year; time is passing too quickly.


 
It was a gorgeous day today; perfect cool temperature and no wind, which is a blessing when you live in West Texas. I decided to spend the morning planting pansies in Papa’s little garden. Me, digging in the dirt, and thinking about Papa. It was a glorious day.


 



This year I chose pansies. A flat of Pansy Matrix-Ruby Mix,



 a flat of Pansy Colossus-Rose Medley,

with a few burgundy violas stuck here and there.


 

 
I stuck half a dozen little cabbage plants in there as well.


 


I also splurged on a flat of orange sorbet and black viola cornuta to plant around my Pistol Pete pendant and flag.

When pansies are first planted, the garden looks a little skimpy until they start to grow and fill in. If all goes well and the neighborhood cats don't dig everything up, since I spread blood meal all around the plants, the bed should be full and overflowing with blooms.

Hope Papa is smiling his approval!


No comments:

Post a Comment